Oxley Career Education Program
We live in a world where most people have seven or more occupations profession during their lifetimes. To thrive in such an environment — to build a career — requires more than typical job placement. Beginning on day one and continuing through graduation, the Oxley Career Education Program offers a nationally recognized program that helps students appreciate their strengths and interests, understand the value and range of opportunities associated with their strengths, and strategize how to translate what they love into a meaningful career.
Among the program’s benefits are counseling and services that allow students to identify their professional options and cultivate the skills and expertise necessary to excel. Numerous resources and opportunities are available to students as they position themselves for lifelong professional fulfillment and success. They will also:
- Master career building tools like self-assessments, resume writing, and interviewing practice and techniques
- Prepare for national graduate and professional school exams
- Build a professional portfolio, and forge professional connections
- Participate in Oxley Discovery Internships linking the major to some of the world class professional opportunities in New York City
- Define how your education — more than just your major — prepares you to be an asset for your future employer
Apply for an Oxley Grant, which funds specialized research or creative projects.
Founders Hall 407 and 408