NSF Scholars-on-Track Scholarship Application
The Scholars-on-Track Scholarship, funded under an NSF S-STEM grant, provides up to $9000 to
defray tuition costs. The scholarship is awarded to prospective students with a high academic
and a promise of success in the fields of biochemistry, biology, and chemistry.
The Scholars-on-Track Scholarship requires an annual commitment for continuation.
Recipients must maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0 while majoring in biochemistry,
biology, or chemistry at the Mount.
- High School Seniors offered admission to the College of Mount Saint Vincent for the Fall
- SAT-M score of at least 500 and SAT-V score of at least 450
- High school average of at least 87
- Grade of at least 87 in each of three years of high school laboratory science courses
- Interview on Dolphin Scholarship Day (February 24, 2013)
- Apply for Admission to the College
- Fill out the online application below by February 1
- Provide a letter of recommendation from one of the applicant’s science teachers attesting to the
applicant’s abilities, achievements and potential in the sciences.
- Write an essay on the topic “Why Science?” Your essay (750 to 1000 words) must demonstrate a
commitment to science and familiarity with three science careers (only one of which can be a
- Schedule an interview on Dolphin Scholarship day (February 24, 2013)
Successful candidates will be notified, via mail, in late March.