Now accepting applications for Fall 2013 semester
The Accelerated Nursing Program is designed and intended for full-time study. The program requires students to dedicate five days per week with as many as 36 hours of weekly class and clinical hours.
Students begin the program in the fall and complete their studies in a year and a half.
To be admitted into the Program, an applicant must have successfully completed the following prerequisites in the last five years, with a grade of B or better (students will not be matriculated into the program until they have fulfilled all the following prerequisites). Students can also take these courses at the College of Mount Saint Vincent, prior to beginning the Accelerated Nursing Program.
- Anatomy and Physiology I and II
- Organic Chemistry
- *Documentation of Mastery of English language at the college level; College Writing Course
- *Documentation of Mastery of Mathematics at the college level; Statistics or Calculus
- Please complete the Application for Admission to the Accelerated Nursing Program found here.
- 1 letter of Recommendation
- Essay on the topic of your choice (upload on the on line application)
- Official College Transcripts in a sealed envelope from each college or university attended
- Standardized Test Scores are not required for admission into the Accelerated Nursing Program
Please complete the prerequisites and the application process for the Fall 2013 semester by July 1, 2013. Applications will not be considered for admission until all required documents have been submitted to the Admission Office.
The program requires completion of 65 credits:
|NURS 109A||Professional Role||3 credits|
|NURS 119A||Health Promotion||3 credits|
|NURS 219A||Health Assessment||3 credits|
|NURS 229A||Concepts of Nursing||4 credits|
|BIOL 333A||Pathophysiology||3 credits|
|PSYC 3XXA||Lifespan||3 credits|
|NURS 319A||Adult and Aging I||8 credits|
|NURS 329A||Adult and Aging II||8 credits|
|NURS 334A||Pharmacophysiology||3 credits|
|NURS 431A||Nursing Family I – Maternity||4 credits|
|NURS 433A||Nursing Family II – Pediatrics||4 credits|
|NURS 209A||Theory and Research||3 credits|
|BIOL XXXA||Bio-Genetics||3 credits|
|NURS 434A||Nursing Community I – Psych||3 credits|
|NURS 436A||Nursing Community II – Aggregate||3 credits|
|NURS 440A||Preceptorship||3 credits|
|NURS 409A||Leadership||3 credits|
|NURS 449A||Nursing Seminar||1 credit|