This summer, the Science Hall underwent phase III of its renovations, which was the largest of the four renovations. The building received new windows, exterior doors and elevator added on the east end of the building. The basement of the Science Hall was completely remodeled to house classrooms, offices, a conference room, a chemical storage room, and an animal behavior/ecology laboratory. On each floor, space has been provided for a study and common area for students and the bathrooms have been updated.
Two classrooms were redesigned and two labs were renovated into state of the art, independent research labs. New faculty offices were created and corridors received a cosmetic upgrade including new ceilings, lighting and finishes. The majority of the building is now outfitted with an HVAC system.
The re-dedication will coincide with the Ad Laudem Dei ceremony honoring alumnae Sylvia Christakos, Ph.D., Class of 1967, and Kathleen Butler, Class of 1974.
About the College of Mount Saint Vincent
Founded in 1847 by the Sisters of Charity, the College of Mount Saint Vincent offers nationally recognized liberal arts education and a select array of professional fields of study on a landmark campus overlooking the Hudson River. Committed to the education of the whole person, and enriched by the unparalleled cultural, educational and career opportunities of New York City, the College equips students with the knowledge, skills and experiences necessary for lives of achievement, professional accomplishment and leadership in the 21st century.
Director for College Relations
Coordinator for Campus Events & College Relations