ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF STUDENT ACTIVITIES,
LEADERSHIP AND COMMUTER LIFE
The Assistant Director of Student Activities, Leadership and Commuter Life facilitates services and programs designed to foster student learning and development, enhance community building, and promote student satisfaction and retention. The Assistant Director plans, implements, and assesses campus-wide programming and advises student organizations in planning, implementing, and assessing programs. This is a 12 month, live on-campus position reporting directly to the Director of Student Activities, Leadership and Commuter Life.
• Support students and student organizations in developing and implementing a vibrant and diverse set of co-curricular and social offerings that support and enhance student life at the College
• Provide broad oversight to a comprehensive student leadership education program
• Assist in the management of the student center
• Serve as the advisor to the Board of Programmers
• Serve as Senior Class Advisor
• Advise student clubs and organizations; work closely with the Director in the recognition process, developing and monitoring club and organization budgets which include student activity fee allocations, expenditures and fund raising accounts
• Plan and implement College-wide programs including Heritage Months, Awareness Months and programs that will enhance student development
• Provide supervision to night and weekend student events
• Assist in the planning and implementation of New Student Orientation; recruit, train and supervise student Orientation Leaders
• Work closely with the Director in managing the Commuter Assistant program
• Assist in planning and implementing Welcome Back and other tasks as designated by the Director.
• Work and collaborate with multiple areas such as residence life, athletics and recreation, campus ministry, academic affairs, event management, and security
• Will be required to work weekends and evenings as necessary.
DEPARTMENT AND DIVISION RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Attend and participate in regularly scheduled staff meetings, division-wide meetings and individual meetings with the supervisor.
• Participate in Admission Open Houses and Accepted Students Days
• Participation in special campus committees and projects as needed.
• Assists with other duties as assigned by the Director.
A bachelor's degree is required; master’s degree is highly preferred. One to five-years of experience in student activities within a college or university setting.
The successful candidate must demonstrate skills in advising and supervising a diverse group of students; possess the ability to work collaboratively, have knowledge of student development practices, and possess strong communication and organizational skills. Additionally, the successful candidate would ideally have prior experience in budget management, event and facilities management, as well as staff and program development.
The College of Mount Saint Vincent is an academically excellent, authentically inclusive, Catholic and ecumenical liberal arts college with approximately 1,500 undergraduate students and 300 graduate students located in the Riverdale section of New York City. Our beautiful 70-acre campus of rolling lawns and wooded hills overlooking the Hudson River is just 12 miles from midtown Manhattan.
Applicants should send a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and the names, addresses, and phone numbers of three professional references to:
Please put Assistant Director of Student Activities, Leadership and Commuter Life in subject area of response.
Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
College of Mount Saint Vincent is committed to provide equal opportunity, employment, and advancement opportunities to all individuals. The College of Mount Saint Vincent does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State, or Local Laws