Located just 10 miles from Midtown Manhattan, the College of Mount Saint Vincent is a small, Catholic, liberal arts college with an undergraduate enrollment of 1,800 students.
Reporting to the Director of Security, the college is seeking a full time Security Officer who will guard College property, students, personnel, and guests against fire, theft, vandalism, and illegal entry by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Patrols, periodically, buildings and grounds of the College.
- Examines doors, windows, and gates to determine that they are secure.
- Warns violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking, or carrying forbidden articles, and apprehends or expels persons engaging in suspicious or criminal acts.
- Inspects equipment and machinery to ascertain if tampering has occurred.
- Watches for and reports irregularities such as fire hazards, leaking water pipes, and security doors left unlocked.
- Observes departing personnel to guard against theft of College property.
- Sounds alarm or calls police or fire department by telephone in case of fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
- Permits authorized persons to enter property.
- Records data such as property damage, unusual occurrences, and malfunctioning of machinery or equipment, for use of supervisory staff.
- Regulates vehicle and pedestrian traffic at College entrance and other points to maintain orderly flow.
- Enforces Parking regulations on campus.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Good interpersonal skills, judgment and analytical skills.
- New York State Certified Security Guard.
- New York Fire Department Certified Fire Guard (F-03)
Please include your curriculum vitae, cover letter, teaching philosophy, two letters of recommendation, and three additional references who can speak to your professional qualifications.
or by US mail to:
Human Resources DepartmentReview of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
College of Mount Saint Vincent
6301 Riverdale Avenue
Riverdale, New York 10471-109
The College of Mount Saint Vincent is an academically excellent, authentically inclusive, Catholic and ecumenical liberal arts college with approximately 1,500 undergraduate students and 300 graduate students located in the Riverdale section of New York City. Our beautiful 70-acre campus of rolling lawns and wooded hills overlooking the Hudson River is just 12 miles from midtown Manhattan.
College of Mount Saint Vincent is committed to provide equal opportunity, employment, and advancement opportunities to all individuals. The College of Mount Saint Vincent does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State, or Local Laws.