Admission Counselor/Regional Admission Counselor
Located just 10 miles from Midtown Manhattan, the College of Mount Saint Vincent is a small, Catholic, liberal arts college with a total enrollment of 1,800 students.
Reporting to the Director of Admission, the College is seeking a full-time Admission Counselor or full-time Regional Admission Counselor whose main responsibility is to identify, recruit and enroll prospective students. The successful candidate will be energetic, self-motivated, organized and work collaboratively with the college community toward the enrollment goals set by the administration of the college.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
* Travel extensively in assigned territory by representing the college at college fairs and high school visits.
* Participate in all follow up activities as outlined by the Director of Admission.
* Assist with all on campus recruitment events including the information sessions, fall open house, spring yield events.
* Build and maintain positive relationships with high school counselors in assigned territory.
* Interview prospective students and scholarship candidates in assigned territory
* Complete 85% of applications in assigned territory.
* Evaluate and recommend admission decisions on all applications in assigned territory.
* Remain updated on all academic and student life programs and all college policies in order to provide accurate information.
* Involvement in other admission projects assigned by the Director of Admission.
If hired as a Regional Admission Counselor, the assigned recruitment territory would be one or more of the following regions dependent upon residence: New Jersey, Upstate New York or Long Island, New York. The Regional Admission Counselor would be expected to attend all major on-campus recruitment events, and work on campus 1-2 days/week from November until May.
Minimum qualifications include: Bachelors Degree, 1-3 years experience in an admissions office, excellent written and oral presentation skills, comfortable and skilled with technology, able to work nights and some weekends. A valid drivers license is required.
Please send your cover letter and resume to: