Located just 10 miles from Midtown Manhattan, the College of Mount Saint Vincent is a small, Catholic, liberal arts college with a total undergraduate enrollment of 1,800 students.
Reporting to the Director of Admission, the college is seeking a full time Admission Counselor whose main responsibility is to identify, recruit and enroll prospective students who will take advantage of our liberal arts College, located near New York City. The successful candidate will be energetic, motivated, organized and work collaboratively with the college community toward the enrollment goals set by the administration of the college.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
* Travel extensively in assigned territory by representing the college at College Fairs and High School Visits.
* Participate in all follow up activities as outlined by the Director of Admission.
* Assist with all on campus recruitment events including the information sessions and Fall Open House.
* Build and maintain positive relationships with high school counselors in your assigned territory.
* Interview prospective students.
* Complete 85-90% of applications in your assigned territory.
* Evaluate and recommend admission decisions on all applications in your territory.
* Remain updated on all academic and student life programs and all college policies in order to provide accurate information.
* Involvement in other admission projects assigned by the Director of Admission.
Minimum qualifications include: Bachelors Degree, drivers license, 1-3 years experience in an admission office, excellent written and oral presentation skills, comfortable and skilled with technology, able to work nights and some weekends and willingness to give a 2 year commitment.
Please send your cover letter and resume to:
College of Mount Saint Vincent is committed to provide equal opportunity, employment, and advancement opportunities to all individuals. The College of Mount Saint Vincent does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State, or Local Laws.