Job Title: Evening Assistant (two (2) part-time positions)
Department: Academic Resource Center (ARC)
Hours: Monday through Thursday (5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.)
and Sunday (4:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.)
Schedule: This position is for the fall and spring academic semesters only.
Fall semester: Last week of August to third week in December
Spring semester: Last week of January to second week of May
Reports to: Director of the Academic Resource Center
• Receptionist – greet all visitors (students, faculty, staff) and provide appropriate information and direction
• Arrange tutoring appointments and distribute tutoring information
• Supervise the evening peer tutors
• Maintain timesheets for evening staff.
• Maintain tutors’ daily calendars
• Maintain adequate copies of all ARC forms
• Contact students to confirm scheduled appointments for the following
• day and as required
• Answer phone and emails, take messages and provide up-to-date information
• Maintain supplies
• Other duties as assigned
• Strong customer service skills and a genuine interest in helping students
• Excellent computer skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Strong organizational skills.
• Ability to multi-task
• Ability to work with learning and physically-challenged students
• Must maintain confidentiality dealing with students’ files and personal situations
• Ability to apply common-sense understanding to carry out instructions.
• Ability to stay calm in a busy environment and deal with emergency situations as they arise.
Education and Experience:
• Associate's Degree preferred or equivalent from a two-year college plus one year of office experience, or an equivalent combination of school and experience required.
• Supervisory experience highly preferred
• Experience working in a customer service role -- answering phones, emails, directing visitors, etc.
Computer Skills: Microsoft Word and Excel fluency. Database maintenance.
The College of Mount Saint Vincent is an academically excellent, authentically inclusive, Catholic and ecumenical liberal arts college with approximately 1,300 undergraduate students and 225 graduate students located in the Riverdale section of New York City. Our beautiful 70-acre campus of rolling lawns and wooded hills overlooking the Hudson River is just 12 miles from midtown Manhattan.
College of Mount Saint Vincent is committed to provide equal opportunity, employment, and advancement opportunities to all individuals. The College of Mount Saint Vincent does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State, or Local Laws.