1. Get out of the area and alert others of the condition and the need to evacuate. This can be accomplished by knocking on doors and stating the condition as you leave the area through the nearest exit.
2. Activate the nearest fire alarm pull station.
3. Call fire emergency services at 911 and campus security at 3434. Provide as much information as possible regarding the condition.
4. Everyone must evacuate the building at once through the nearest exit.
5. The evacuees will then proceed across the street from the affected building. They will remain there until the Fire Department investigates.
6. The evacuees will be allowed to re-enter the building only after the Fire Department declares the area “all clear” and upon direction of Campus Security and Resident Assistants.
The College of Mount Saint Vincent’s maintains a fire log and it is available to the public. It is maintained in the Office of Campus Safety and Security located in Maloney Center Room 1, Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.