Report Criminal Activity On Campus
263rd Street Security Booth
Director of Campus Safety and Security
Vice President for Student Affairs
Director of Residence Life and Housing
Any instance of open flame or other burning in a place not intended to contain the burning or in an uncontrolled manner.
• Electrical devices and electronics that are not UL rated (Underwriter Laboratories rated).
• Extension cords are not permited in residence halls
• Space Heaters
• Halogen lamps
• Live Christmas trees, wreaths or jack-o-lanterns
• Items hanging from walls or ceilings that could interfere with vents, electrical outlets, or otherwise pose a fire hazard.
• Furniture that is not fire retardant
• Devices that produce an open flame
• Microwave ovens, exceeding 700 watts
• Electric Blankets
Approved Electrical Appliances
• Microwaves are not to exceed 700 watts
• Power strips must be UL rated
• UL-rated string lights may only be used during the holiday season (October 15th to last exam day)
• The display of decorations must be preapproved by the College
• Energy star efficient appliances.