Report Criminal Activity On Campus
263rd Street Security Booth
Director of Campus Safety and Security
Vice President for Student Affairs
Associate Dean of Students/ Director of Housing and Residence Life
Any instance of open flame or other burning in a place not intended to contain the burning or in an uncontrolled manner.
• Electrical devices and electronics that are not UL rated (Underwriter Laboratories rated).
• Extension cords are not permited in residence halls
• Space Heaters
• Halogen lamps
• Live Christmas trees, wreaths or jack-o-lanterns
• Items hanging from walls or ceilings that could interfere with vents, electrical outlets, or otherwise pose a fire hazard.
• Furniture that is not fire retardant
• Devices that produce an open flame
• Microwave ovens, exceeding 700 watts
• Electric Blankets
Approved Electrical Appliances
• Microwaves are not to exceed 700 watts
• Power strips must be UL rated
• UL-rated string lights may only be used during the holiday season (October 15th to last exam day)
• The display of decorations must be preapproved by the College
• Energy star efficient appliances.
The College of Mount Saint Vincent can prohibit any item that could possibly pose a fire hazard.