Reports to: Office of the Registrar
Responsible for the preparation of class schedules, classroom assignments, and examination scheduling for the Mount Saint Vincent Community. The Assistant Registrar will also be responsible for conformity with policies established by the college and the New York State Education Department and for such documents, reports, records as may be required by the Registrar, as well as for maintaining student data systems. This is an Administrator Position that will require additional hours for special projects to be completed.
To qualify for the Assistant Registrar, the person must be able to complete each assign duty adequately. The requirements listed below are representative of the person’s knowledge and skills.
- Experience in Higher Education (Cross-trained with Financial Aid, Student Account & Registrar)
- Experience with class scheduling, classroom scheduling and examination scheduling
- Familiar with Banner/ Ellucian or comparable systems
- Working knowledge of Windows, MS Word and Excel, or similar applications
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Possesses strong technological and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities
- Able to work cordially with students, faculty and staff
- Team Player / Self Motivated / Problem Solver / Solution Seeker
- Prepares class, classroom, and examination scheduling and its related functions
- Assists with registration and its related function
- Assists with Graduation Audit
- Maintains student’s attendance
- Processes and produces D and F notices – Midterm grades
- Supervises student aides in the Office of the Registrar
- Corrects “Xerox” related problems
- Assists with the freshman scheduling
- Provides students with verification of attendance/enrollment for the semester
- Carries out other duties as assigned by the Office of the Registrar
- Assists with daily transaction as needed
- Assists with phone calls and in person traffic
Bachelors Degree/ Masters Degree (preferred) and with three or more years of related in higher education experience.
Send a cover letter, resume and three professional references to HR@mountsaintvincent.edu
The College of Mount Saint Vincent is an academically excellent, authentically inclusive, Catholic and ecumenical liberal arts college with approximately 1,300 undergraduate students and 225 graduate students located in the Riverdale section of New York City. Our beautiful 70-acre campus of rolling lawns and wooded hills overlooking the Hudson River is just 12 miles from midtown Manhattan. Send your curriculum vitae, cover letter, teaching philosophy, research statement, three letters of recommendation and a list of five references who can speak to your professional qualifications to HR@mountsaintvincent.edu. Review of applications will begin November 1st and continue until filled.
College of Mount Saint Vincent is committed to provide equal opportunity, employment, and advancement opportunities to all individuals. The College of Mount Saint Vincent does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State, or Local Laws.