The Scholars-on-Track Scholarship requires an annual commitment to remain in the program. Recipients must maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0, and earn grades of B or higher in science and math courses, while majoring in biochemistry, biology, or chemistry at the Mount. They must participate actively in all components of the program.
- High School Seniors admitted to the College of Mount Saint Vincent for the Fall semester SAT-M score of at least 500 and SAT-V score of at least 450
- High school average of at least 87
- Grade of at least 87 in each of three years of high school laboratory science courses
- Interview at Dolphin Scholarship Day
- Apply for Admission to the College
- Submit the separate scholarship application by February 1
- Send a letter of recommendation from one of your high school science teachers evaluating your abilities, achievements and potential for success in the sciences.
- Write an essay titled Why Science? Your essay (no more than two pages in length) must demonstrate a commitment to science and familiarity with three science careers (only one of which can be a medical field).
- Schedule an interview at Dolphin Scholarship Day
- Successful candidates will be notified by mail in late March. For more information, please contact Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org or (718) 405-3304
Students selected for this program will receive:
- Scholarship assistance
- Freshman Science seminar
- Peer and faculty workshops
- Scholars enhancement activities—both cultural and educational
- Scholars' Lounge
- Professional experiences and internships
- Summer research experiences
- Career development workshops