The Scholars-on-Track Scholarship requires an annual commitment to remain in the program. Recipients must maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0 while majoring in biochemistry, biology, or chemistry at the Mount. They must participate actively in all components of the program.
- High School Seniors admitted to the College of Mount Saint Vincent for the Fall semester SAT-M score of at least 500 and SAT-V score of at least 450
- High school average of at least 87
- Grade of at least 87 in each of three years of high school laboratory science courses
- Interview at Dolphin Scholarship Day
- Apply for Admission to the College
- Submit the separate scholarship application by February 1
- Send a letter of recommendation from one of your high school science teachers evaluating your abilities, achievements and potential for success in the sciences.
- Write an essay titled Why Science? Your essay (no more than two pages in length) must demonstrate a commitment to science and familiarity with three science careers (only one of which can be a medical field).
- Schedule an interview at Dolphin Scholarship Day
- Successful candidates will be notified by mail in late March. For more information, please contact Admissions at email@example.com or (718) 405-3304
Students selected for this program will have special access to the following during their time at the college:
- Freshman Science Resource Seminar
- Peer and Faculty Workshops
- Scholars Enhancement Activities—both cultural and educational
- Science Lounge
- Professional Experiences and Internships
- Summer Research Experience
- Career Development Workshops