Business Administration, the B.A. degree in Business, the B.S. Degree in Accounting, and the B.A degree in Economics.
The goals of the department are:
1. to provide students with the knowledge base that will deepen their understanding of the central role of business in society;
2. to prepare students for careers in economics or business by providing them with a curriculum that is solidly grounded in developing competencies and skills in information-gathering, problem-solving, critical thinking and decision-making;
3. to provide high-quality teaching and faculty scholarship that meets the diverse needs of students;
4. to develop students’ competencies in written and oral communication skills that will prepare them to become effective communicators in the business world;
5. to instill in students the importance of ethical conduct in business decision-making and leadership; and
6. to increase students’ understanding of the complexities of business in the context of a highly technological and globalized business environment.