1. who desire to study and understand human behavior,
2. who want to enter psychology as a profession, or
3. who regard psychology as Liberal Arts preparation for further training in the professions.
In order to meet the diverse needs of students, the Department offers both a B.S. and B.A. degree. These degrees are discussed in greater detail below.
The goals of the Department are to provide students with the opportunity:
1. to learn psychological concepts, principles, theories, and research strategies on which to base their intellectual growth and development;
2. to develop skills in analyzing, evaluating, and applying psychological principles and theories to their professional preparation and personal lives;
3. to conduct independent study, research and internships;
4. to explore career opportunities in Psychology and related areas.