The Page Cannot Be Found
International FAQs
Frequently Asked Questions for International Students

Can I receive financial aid as an international student?
The College of Mount Saint Vincent awards need-based financial aid only to United States citizens. However, you may be eligible to receive merit-based scholarships.

Should I submit SAT scores or TOEFL scores?
You may submit scores from either of these standardized tests. Generally, you’ll submit SAT scores if you’re from an English-speaking country; otherwise, you’ll submit the TOEFL.

In lieu of TOEFL, successful completion of both the Intensive American English Language Program and a comprehensive English language proficiency exam will satisfy the English Language requirement for admission into the College of Mount Saint Vincent’s degree programs.

How do I get my I-20 form to obtain my visa?
First, you will have to be admitted to the College. Once you have been accepted, send us your finance form or bank statement that shows you can afford a four-year education at the Mount (excluding merit scholarship, if you have been offered one). We will issue you an I-20 after we receive your bank statement and enrollment deposit.

You can also be admitted to the Intensive American English Language Program to study English to Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL). You need to submit an application that includes your length of study (six-month, 12-month or 18-month program) and a finance form or bank statement that shows you can afford your education at our language program  for the chosen length of study.